liar, liar. pants a-flamin'

Remember when I was all, "I'm baaaaaaaack," and then I was like, "PSYCH! PSYCH YOU GUYS SO HARD!" Well, that was wholly unintentional. Please, forgive.

I decided to get back on the weight-loss/blogging train and then we decided to up and buy a house, so things got really crazy and I lived on nothing but Hot and Readys and Fun Macs. I don't even want to know how much weight I've gained. I wouldn't be surprised if I put back on everything I've lost. I haven't stepped on the scale, and I don't know that I'm quite ready for it. Maybe I shouldn't even worry about it. Weight loss will be manifest by loose-fitting clothes and longer distances logged.

I've got plans. Big plans, yo. Evie turned one this week, and I feel like that is long enough. A year of being lax is acceptable, and I feel more than ok blaming it on the baby factor. But after a year, that's all me. So, I'm taking responsibility. Early morning runs are coming back, as is much cleaner eating.

I'm so happy to be able to step out my door and into a beautiful neighborhood. It makes such a difference in my willingness to exercise. I already walk so much more than I did when I was in Utah County. I'm getting a few miles in multiple days a week. Nothing outrageous, and not too quick, but moving is moving, and moving is something I haven't been doing regularly since about February. I'm also hoping to add some training sessions with my brother-in-law, who just got his personal trainers license.

As far as eating goes, I'm going to give this whole paleo thing a whirl. We'll see what happens. Eliminating sugar, wheat and dairy seems like a good idea to me. A very, very good idea.

Next time? Pictures of the house!

3 comments:

  1. My friends are Paleo and incredibly healthy. I think that's a great goal. Glad you're moving, and love the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad you are back on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love, love, love being in salt lake and i love that you guys are here too.

    ReplyDelete