Seriously dudes?

Who wants to just call this week a wash? I mean, I won't, but every single day it's something. Today it was lunch w/ my parents and grandmother at a buffet restaurant (which managed to make me feel sick after a salad and a potato...msg, perhaps?) that took 2 hours. I actually had a really good time, but it made me feel unhealthy and provided me yet another excuse not to exercise. Bluh to the erg.

Tomorrow I will walk. I will not run, I will not lift weights, but I will walk. Not that I don't want to do the other things, but if I say I'm going for a run, going to the gym, etc. for some reason I conspire with the fates to find reasons to stay away. Walking, I will do, because I want to get out of my house. So a walk will set the precedent.

I have to admit, I think one of the reasons I've been struggling with keeping up with my goals is because I haven't been on twitter for a few days. It helps me so much to be in contact all day long with other people who are working towards similar goals. How weirdy is it that twitter is such a good motivator for me? And I'm really new to the weightloss twitter game, so I can only imagine it becoming more helpful.

Ok. On to other things. New days, new choices, blahblahblah.

Album of the Day
Low, C'mon
I have listened to Low off and on for awhile, but Ashley is kind of obsessed, and posted this video on facebook yesterday. UNCLE JESSE! IS MORE HANDSOME THAN EVER! (which I already knew, from the exponentially awful Glee. I too, gave up on Glee, Alicia, but I will hold out for Grey's Anatomy) So, I downloaded the album. Love it. Love it. Love it. The end.
Day 14
A non-fiction book
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
This book is directly responsible for this journey I'm on to become healthier. I read it a few years ago, and it completely changed the way I viewed food. It set me on the path toward wanting to make better decisions about food. More whole foods, more vegetables, more local foods, etc. It's not necessarily the way I view food now, but when I first read it, I wasn't really thinking of food as part of culture, health or anything beyond something that got shoved in my gaping maw.

1 comment: