Heeecups

Does anyone else get massive cases of the hiccups after a hardcore cardio workout? Man. It's like my lungs are getting smashed up my throat. Gross.

I did really well with all my goals today (ok, I still have 32 oz of water to drink, but that ain't no thing). I stayed within my daily points (with 2 to spare), though I wasn't too thrilled by my lunch (ended up sharing a piece of pizza with a pair of babies) as it ate up my processed carbs on something that wasn't even delicious (seriously, leftover Little Caesars? So not worth it). I'm beginning to see how people put on copious poundage after they have kids. It's a bite of mac and cheese here, a handful of goldfish crackers there, and then, what do you know? You've gained 100 pounds. I really need to be more conscious of what I'm putting in my mouth when I'm taking care of the babe and her peers. I'm fairly mindful everywhere else in my life (at least enough that I feel guilty when I go off plan).

Dinner was good. I made veggie rolls and miso soup. From scraaaaatch. Miso soup is the shiz, y'all. Big ol' chunks of tofu, seaweed and green onions. Delicious. I found a brown sweet rice that works really well for sushi, and add some avocado and cucumber and you have yourself a royal highness dish.

I found out yesterday that light popcorn (94% fat-free) is only 3 points for a whole bag. This is maybe the best news I've had since fruit. Yes, fruit in general. I'm a huge popcorn fan, and I'll eat the crappiest microwave version with a big old smile on my face, so being able to do that guilt-free, well, color me satisfied. I think tomorrow I'm going to add lime and black pepper. You know you want in on this.

In keeping with my other goals, I got in 30 minutes of exercise. I'd have done an hour if it weren't so late and I didn't feel like my legs were going to fall off my body. There's this machine at the gym, which, according to the internets is an "adaptive motion trainer." It rocks. I burn so many calories with this mother. 430 to be exact. While I exercised, I tried to work on some of my other goals.

Album of the day
My friend Joey was going on and on the other day on facebook/twitter about this band The Pains of Being Pure At Heart and I decided to take the bait. I'm so glad I did. This album, Belong, is exactly what my bones needed after this long day. Here. Enjoy.

Day 4
Your favorite book
To save you from more gushing about Angels in America, I think I'll go with Jonathan Safran Foer's "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close".


Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: A Novel
Safran Foer is one of my favorite contemporary writers, and this book is such a sweet love story. I've probably read it five times. It might not be my absolute favorite, but it's certainly at the top of the list, and one that you may have not read, so, maybe I've added a new book to your list.

As long as I manage a little meditation before bed, this day will have been a pretty successful one. The nighttime gym trip is proof to me that I'm at least trying to be serious about this. 

3 comments:

  1. I luuurrrve the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job today! If I ever get around your neighborhood, I fully expect a sushi dinner. :) (If you're here we'll have beer and cheese. LOL)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ alicialee (i can't not call you that. it is forever burned in my mind) thank you. i miss you. a lot. a real life connecting would make mine and husband's heart so happy.

    @sarah deal. (though my vote is going to be w/ beer and cheese).

    ReplyDelete