Birfday Monf

Do you grow weary of my spelled out made up words? I apologize, I just find them so damn funny. So, in honor of my birthday this month (and yes, I'm the kind of girl who is in complete favor of spreading it out) I thought I would do a few things differently. First, I'm going to set some different goals for the month and see how well I can do at achieving them (I am outright stealing this from Colleen, and I don't care who knows it!). Second, I'm going to do one of those posting everyday for 30 days things I tried before but gave up on. A friend of mine (whose blog I lurk) found a much more reasonable one here and I'm going to do it. Lastly, I'm going to come up with a 30 before 30 list (it's blowing my mind that 30 is next year). Basically, you're gonna get a lot of me this month.

April Goals
1. Exercise every day. I want to be moving every single day for the rest of the month. More specifically, I would like to get in 4 major cardio workouts (1 hour plus) and 2 resistance workouts in every week, but my major goal is to move for 30 minutes every day, so if the others don't happen, that's okay, I can work up to the intensity as I get more accustomed to making exercising part of my life.
2. No sugar. With the exception of my birthday, no sugar/treats this month. Given the fact that I'm able to have as much fruit as I want (bless you, Points Plus) this shouldn't be a huge problem (I mean, it is, but it really shouldn't be). I'm going to give myself a complete free day on my birthday, but until then (and after then) no more treats.
3. One processed carb per day. This will usually be a bread or a pasta, since I'm not having any treats.
4. Listen to a full album every day. I really love music, but it tends to take a backseat to everything else in my life. There are at least 30 albums I am dying to listen to/haven't listened to in a long time/need to listen to to maintain sanity. This is a fun one, and I'm looking forward to it.
5. Meditate every day. I need this. Just 10 to 15 minutes every day where I can sit and think and get my shit together.

Those sound fun/appropriate/doable, right? They're also my new 7 day chip goals as I move forward toward my 100 day chip.

Since we're a few days into April already, I'll play a little catchup on my 30 days posts here.

Day 1
Your Favorite Song
I'll give you two, because I really couldn't be made to choose. Both are Paul Simon. Both have been in my life for a very, very long time.
(Isn't Paul like the most adorable dude, ever? Also. Art is effing HIGH. The audio/video don't sync exactly, but I don't particularly care.)

This second is a cover of Graceland by The Tallest Man on Earth, because he is similarly adorable, and because this cover might be as good as the original. And now I've officially introduced you to a new artist (unless you're already as cool as me and exclusively listen to hip, new music. *please note sarcasm here*) Seriously, though, everything this dude does is magical and golden.

Day 2
Your favorite movie
Technically, it's a miniseries, based on a play. Angels in America by Tony Kushner. It is my not so humble opinion that this play, and even the miniseries version of it, is the greatest piece of art to come out of the 20th century. I know. Strong words. I just find it absolutely perfect. If you have six hours or so to spare, I suggest going to the library and picking it up. It is soul crushing.


Mary Louise Parker is phenomenal. Al Pacino will blow your mind. I think it's his best role. As will Meryl. Gosh. Everyone. I think it's time for me to watch it again. That should probably go on my 30 before 30 list. It should probably go on my do this right now list.

Day 3
Your favorite television show.
TV holds waaaaaay too much sway in my life, so I cannot pick one. I can pick four. That's pretty reasonable, right? I actually think television programs when well done are better than movies, because they can develop so much more in the stories and characters. Each of these is genius in their own way. But each are absolutely phenomenal.


Mad Men


30 Rock
The Wire (warning, there's a lot of swears. Eff words galore.)
Treme (swears here, too. Copious effs.)

The Wire and Treme are both created by David Simon, who can do no wrong in my opinion. Both are such spot on social commentaries, and so gritty. I could go on and on, but I will just let them speak for themselves.

Ok. I'mma work on my 30 before 30 list, and I'll be back tomorry.



3 comments:

  1. Can I just declare right now, right here, that I love you? Nobody I've talked to has even HEARD of Treme, let alone likes it. I can't wait for the next season to start. As for The Wire, well...I just sort of feel like it's brilliant. It's doesn't hurt that McNulty's not so bad to look at. AND if that weren't enough, we just started watching 30 Rock on netflix streaming and I love it too. I haven't watched Mad Men yet but that's on my list of wants too.

    Ok, back to my "work."

    Colleen
    Goodbye, Fat Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that might be the favorite clip on 30 Rock ever. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. "hey, dummy!" damn damn dayum. i've been listening to sooo much S&G lately, partly/mostly because i've been driving around a lot and i love to sing along to, like, every one of their songs.

    ReplyDelete