The secret to tofu ricotta

Almonds.

I kind of made up a recipe for tofu ricotta tonight, combining recipes and personal know-how, and came up with something ridiculously awesome that will probably never be repeated. I put it in with some eggplant, spinach and spaghetti sauce and baked it, for a delicious...something. I paired it with a salad and pretty much had to pick my tongue up off the floor it was so awesome. The only other thing I ate today was a salad at Fresh cafe in Heber (the company was fabulous, the salad was ok. I had a raspberry vinaigrette that was way too sweet, but the grilled portabello was pretty rad).

Here's a semi-recipe for the ricotta:

1 pkg extra-firm tofu
3 Tbsp lemon juice (or just a mighty couple of squeezes from the plastic lemon in your fridge)
1/3 cup sliced almonds
4 cloves garlic
1/4 nutritional yeast
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
Salt/Pepper to taste

blend it all in the food processor for a couple of minutes (until the tofu has smoothed out). The mixture will be pretty thick.

1 comment:

  1. What?! I didn't know you CAME UP with that recipe! BRfreakingvo.

    ReplyDelete