Health Oriented

I weighed in again today. I didn't expect to see any weight loss, and sure enough, I didn't. Even though I've had some great workouts this week, there weren't enough of them, that and I've not been eating as well as I know I should.

After talking w/ Sara, and spending the evening looking at body positive blogs, I am realizing how much I need to change my focus. Yes, I want to lose 100 lbs, and will be much healthier for it, but I need to be doing this to become healthier (which I am). I feel so much better when I worry less about how many calories in vs. calories out, and just focus on making healthy choices. I am thinking about making a bit of a change here (I think there will be a lot of changes as I go through this, trying to figure out what works best). This week, rather than counting my calories, I'm going to try and eat intuitively, and exercise as much as makes me feel good. For example: I can eat white flour and sugar and other things that are bad for me, and still stay with in my caloric guidelines, but when I do this, I don't feel very good. So this week, I'm going to try and stay completely away from refined products (fare thee well, Dreyer's tangerine popsicles...) and up my green intake. My workouts I will probably keep the same, because they do make me feel good.

We'll see if this change works for me. It might not lead to pounds off this week, but I'm willing to give it a shot. It's certainly not going to be a change for the worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment