Gymbo Jones

After a rousing speech from Bird last night, I felt pretty obligated to get my ass to the gym this morning. This despite the fact that the kid woke up at 2:30 and I slept like shiz until 4:30 when she woke again. Being up at 4:30 pretty much forced my hand.

I did my 20-minute run workout! WOOOOEFFINGHOOOOO! I stopped a couple of times to catch my breath, but I ran the whole 20 minutes. I ended up actually running about a mile and a half with no walking, and I feel like a badass.

The unfortunate thing about getting to the gym at 5 is that between 530-545 is one of the busiest times, which means the 30 minute cardio-machine rule is heavily enforced, and when you're done with the treadmill, there are no free ellipticals awaiting your stride. So, I've only worked out a half-hour today, but the day is very young, so I plan on getting in a good, long walk (it's supposed to be close to 60 degrees, how could I not go walking?) later on.

MOTIVATION. IS. BACK.

1 comment: