Wherein I nearly murder myself on the treadmill

Do you know what's worse than working out at six in the morning? Trying to run at 9:30 in the evening when you are completely sapped of any energy whatsoever. Fuh my existence, dudes. But you know what? I sucked it up and did my whole workout and cursed myself in every second for sleeping in this morning (because sleeping in until seven was really worth the hell this day has been. Blech.) and vowed to not let that happen again if I could help it.

There were no extra intervals run, (though I did do one interval worth of sprints) I hobbled through my walks, but I put in my two miles.

I realized today why I felt so crappy (beyond the fact that it's just the most garbage-y time of the year and the sky is like Satan's fart). I really look forward to my runs because it is the only time in my life where I get any alone time. I can just put my headphones on and listen to whatever I want, as loud as I want and think about whatever I want. There is no possibility of a screaming baby, no sink full of dishes, no errands to be run, no meals to be made. The time is mine and I really need it.

I managed to salvage my day of eating by just having some polenta and broccoli for dinner (which did me no favors on the treadmill). Really, my only bad meal was my half-binge on falafel, because breakfast was rice cakes with hummus, sprouts and red peppers. I've been scraping the bottom of the barrel, food wise, and am really looking forward to stocking the kitchen.

Thanks, everyone for your support and commiseration. Knowing that people are supporting me in this really does keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment