Weigh in #4

One month in today. I lost exactly zero pounds this week, which aggravates me to no end. I guess I just have to amp it up. I knew this week was going to be tough, but I had really hoped that I could hit that ten pound mark. I'm so close. 1.4 pounds away from losing ten pounds this month. That's okay. I will lose ten pounds in February!

Today was also a measurement day. I have lost 10 total inches since starting this a month ago. I have updated the charts and pictures on the "Before" page.  I was glad to see a decent number in inches so that I didn't want to punch myself in the face.

This next week I am ready to be back on the intensity wagon. I let myself get a little bit run down, and I think I have ways to remedy that:

1) Eat every few hours. I have been trying to eat as much as I can in my 3 meals a day to make my calories go further, but I think that's leading me to be tired and starving by the time I get to the next meal. If I can eat every 2.5 to 3 hours I won't be so obsessed with when I'm eating next, and can actually function.
2) Exercise for one hour every single day. That doesn't necessarily mean that I will go to the gym every day, but on the days that I don't I will walk, do a video, etc. On days when my gym workouts aren't an hour I need to make up for those lost minutes in the same way.
3) DRINK WATER. I don't know why this is so hard for me. When I used to have an office job, I used to drink nearly a gallon a day, easily. Now that I'm at home all day (and getting up to go get a drink isn't a break from staring at the computer) I don't drink nearly enough.
4) Fewer calories from grains. This means higher protein meals and more veggies. I need to remember that my plate needs to look like this:

Too often, the carbohydrates are taking up the lion's share of the plate, and I know that is contributing to my slowed weight-loss. 
5) Eat. I know I need to be eating. When I've been hopping on the scale mid-week, and my numbers are higher than I want, I'm really tempted to just drink coffee all day, but I know that I need to be putting lots of good foods in my body to make it do what it's supposed to do. 
6) Cook. This week was just too sluggish. I survived on leftovers and easy to make meals which meant I was rarely getting the things I needed.

Better work this next week!

2 comments:

  1. 10 inches really is totally totally totally completely awesome.

    oh, and the drinking water thing? SO HARD when you are not in an office all day! for me too. i don't know why. i just bought a 1 gallon jug, that i've been forcing myself to carry around with me. since i've been doing that, i have been drinking more water. (and also peeing like every 10 minutes.)

    ReplyDelete