New Year, New You

I've been saying this for two days and I think it's hilarious. I feel like I'm just a walking women's magazine cliche. New year, new you. So damn stupid.

I am really glad that I started this endeavor before the new year so it didn't feel so "resolution-y".

Yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast, lunch was a boca chikn sandwich and then picking at everything I was cooking all day long. Dinner was, well, a feast. I made mass quantities of mediterranean food and it was ridiculously good. Especially the spinach pie and baklava. Everything I made was vegan, and with the exception of the things I made with phyllo dough, rather healthy.

I've gotten used to eating less and being more conscious of being full. Normally I would have eaten so much last night, but I kept things really under control (okay, I probably had a piece or two too many of that baklava).

Today, it felt really good to get back on track. Because I didn't drink last night (save a glass of champagne. Tradition!) I didn't feel awful this morning, which meant I didn't need a heavy, greasy breakfast to soak up the booze. I have really become a fan of Wasa crispbreads and almond butter with a little bit of fruit. This morning I realized how much my eating habits have changed when I realized I was full and didn't finish my meal, which is really not something I'm accustomed to, especially when it's something so light.

Lunch and dinner was the exact same meal (twice). Leftovers from last night turned into an amazing salad. Mixed greens, falafel, israeli couscous, baba ghanoush, tzatziki, toum and turnip pickles (I made pickles! Super easy and super delicious!). It was so filling and pretty light on calories. I may even treat myself to a piece of leftover baklava.

I haven't exercised in a few days, and think I'm going to try and do Bar Method tonight (I've finally cleared a space in my bedroom for exercising). On Monday, now that Vegs is going back to work, I'm going to try and get to the gym at 6 in the morning before he or the kid are up and at 'em. It's imperative that I exercise in the mornings so that I can know what my caloric intake should look like, I don't fare well living in my own debt (ie; eating and then not exercising).

This is going well. I know it hasn't even been a full week yet, but, this doesn't seem out of control, in fact, I feel really confident and good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment