In love with essercize.

Thank God for my workout this morning. First off, I think that doing the bar method saved my knee, because when I got to the gym this morning I had absolutely no knee pain. It makes sense, the combination of strength and flexibility. So, of course, I hopped on the treadmill (which later turns into a bad idea) and did 2 miles, including, including 5 minute run intervals. I felt like a freaking superwoman. Then, I did the elliptical for 15 minutes. I ended up burning about 500 calories in 45 minutes, and let me tell you, that is swear-wording awesome.

It's incredible how good exercising makes me feel, and what a difference it makes in my day. Today was one of those rough days in parenthood, and if I hadn't worked out this morning, it would have slayed me. But because I had come home and showered and got my house in order I had enough sanity to cope with a day of hardcore teething/no napping/endless shrieking. I broke into tears once, but had I not exercised this morning, I probably would have called Vegor to come home from work.  It makes me feel so in control and I really love it. I don't love waking up at 5, but once I'm up and going it doesn't seem too bad.

When I have a good workout, I also feel a lot more in control of my eating.

Breakfast
Go Lean Crunch (Sunflower knockoff brand) and almond milk

Lunch
Garden wrap, honeycrisp apple w/ peanut butter

Snacks
The last of my Chocolove bar (sweet Lordy this is good)
2 Wasa crisp breads w/ baba ghanoush and cucumbers (maybe the best snack, ever).

Dinner
Veggie Pasta Bake. Super easy, super delicious. Kind of made up on the fly, and totally modifiable based on what you have on hand. I did the following

1/2 package organic penne pasta (the brand from Costco is delicious)
1/2 package extra-firm tofu
2 cups spinach
1 eggplant, diced
1 package sliced mushrooms
red pepper flakes (to taste)
salt and pepper  (to taste)
Italian seasoning, about 2 Tbsps.
Cashew Cream (I made this by putting 5 cloves of garlic in with a half cup of cashews soaked in 1/4 cup of water for 15 minutes. Put in blender or food processor for a couple of minutes, until smooth)
Vegan Parmesan (combine nutritional yeast w/ almonds and sea salt...adjust according to your taste preference. I used 2 to 1).

Parboil the pasta, then mix everything together (crumble the tofu) and top w/ vegan parmesan. Cover with foil, bake @ 375 for about 35 minutes, remove foil and either continue baking for 10 minutes, or just put under High broil for a few minutes.

It's awesome. You're welcome. (Does it feel like I'm back to my old self? I feel that way.)

1 comment:

  1. Errin, as usual, I am awed and inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete